Well, we had kind of a crazy week here at Hooked on Panama.
Three boats fishing, overlapping groups, bite was good, then completely stopped for a day then right back up again.
We had the brothers, Mike and Steve Humma, fishing with Captain Carlos and his mate Eloy. After their first two days fishing our next guys showed up. Wolfgang, the man the myth the legend and his friends Gordan and Adam, fishing with Captain Victor and his mate Jacinto. Also, John and Eloise Pound fishing with Captain Chaka and his mate Carlito.
Over all count.
- 2 Marlin released this week. Eloise and Gordan got them on the last day.
- 7 Sails between the boats, but a lot more raised and lost.
- 18 Dorado with several in the 50lb. range.
- 6 roosters with two or three at 60lbs.
- One of the biggest Cubera Snappers we have seen at 80+lbs. See photo below:) Adam got this one and took him a half hour to get it up.
- A variety of other snappers from 10 to 30lbs.
- Several Yellow Fin Tuna between 30 and 70lbs.
- And a variety of smaller stuff, jacks, snappers, etc.:):)
This is now Wolfgang’s 7th trip to the lodge, and, John and Eloise are planning for next year. The meals were awesome and the company was good, too.
Got new guys here right now and the whole fleet is fishing again. Will have a new report soon.
Until next time, tight lines.
Hooked on Panama Lodge