Greetings from Hooked on Panama Lodge!
We had brothers Richard and Edward Bagnall back from the UK for their second trip to the lodge, they fished 6 days with Victor and Jacinto and caught a smorgasbord of fish!
The following is Richard’s fish report and pics:
Here is the list of fish that Ed and I caught with Victor and Jacinto over our six days fishing between June 25 and July 1st:
- 37 tunas (between 20lbs and the largest was 80lbs)
- 1 Cubera snapper (about 20lbs – released safely)
- 6 rock snappers
- 8 mullet snappers (between 15-20 lbs)
- 1 rooster fish ( approx. 20lbs – released safely)
- 1 yellow tail snapper
- 1 grouper ( approx. 6lbs)
- 3 small rose groupers
- 1 blue trevally (approx. 15lbs)
- 1 amber jack (3 lbs)
- 2 trippletail (between 1lb and 2lb)
- 1 small black tip shark!
- 1 margarita about 1lb
- 2 needle fish
- 2 moray eels
- 1 surgeon fish
- 1 rainbow runner
- 2 blue runners
- 8 bonitos
Total number of fish: 80. Total number of different species: 19!
We struggled to catch a rooster due to the difficulty in catching the bonito – but finally managed in the last five minutes of fishing on our last day!
Additionally we raised a marlin, and also had one big strike but no connection.
Victor and Jacinto were amazing.
PS Still dreaming of our trip!
Hooked on Panama Lodge